VAPIR 3-S A/C SYSTEM
SYSTEM NOT COOLING
1. RED LIGHT BLINKING?
- YES → Continue to step 2.
- NO → Check fuse, power supply, grounds to ECU & recheck cooling.
2. TEMPERATURE CONTROL KNOB IN COLD?
Temperature control knob will be in cold when turned full counter clockwise.
- YES → Continue to step 3.
- NO → Rotate to full counter clockwise and recheck cooling.
3. IS THE COMPRESSOR ON?
With vehicle on, the front of the compressor will be spinning & a “click” sound heard when engaging.
- YES → Check water valve.
- NO → Continue to step 4.
4. USING A VOLT METER, CHECK FOR 12 VOLTS AT COMPRESSOR CONNECTION
Compressor ground wire is on the compressor and is fully grounded when compressor is mounted to the engine. In some circumstances, polished or chrome compressors will not ground nicely to engine.
- YES → Check ground of the compressor & recheck cooling.
- NO → Continue to step 5.
5. CHECK FOR 12 VOLTS ON THE COMPRESSOR SIDE OF PRESSURE SWITCH
- YES → Check wiring for break in wire between pressure switch and compressor.
- NO → Continue to step 6.
6. CHECK FOR 12 VOLTS ON RELAY SIDE OF PRESSURE SWITCH
- YES → Check refrigerant levels. Charge appropriately and recheck cooling.
- NO → Continue to step 7.
7. CHECK IF 20 AMP FUSE IS GOOD
- YES → Continue to step 8.
- NO → Replace the fuse & recheck cooling.
8. CHECK POWER SOURCE OF RELAY FOR 12 VOLTS
- YES → Continue to step 9.
- NO → Repair & recheck cooling.
9. CHECK FOR GROUND (-) AT BLUE WIRE AT COMPRESSOR RELAY
- YES → Replace relay & recheck cooling.
- NO → Continue to step 10.
10. CHECK FOR GROUND ON EXIT SIDE OF THERMOSTAT CONNECTIONS
- YES → Check for break in wire between thermostat & relay.
- NO → Continue to step 11.
11. CHECK FOR GROUND ON ENTERING SIDE OF THERMOSTAT CONNECTION
To test a faulty thermostat, “jump” two blue wires across to each other & test the cooling. If this corrects cooling issue, the thermostat needs to be replaced.
- YES → Replace thermostat & recheck cooling.
- NO → Continue to step 12.
12. CHECK "OUTPUT" HARNESS FOR A FIRM CONNECTION AT THE ECU
- YES → Continue to step 13.
- NO → Tighten connection & recheck cooling.
13. CHECK GROUND (-) ON BLUE WIRE AT ECU PLUG
- YES → Check break in blue wire between ECU & thermostat.
- NO → Continue to step 14.
14. CHECK DOOR FUNCTIONS WITH MODE KNOB ON CONTROLS
- YES → Call support for further testing.
- NO → Power cycle unit & recheck cooling.